June 6, 2011
It’s been a few days since I spilled the beans to the boss, but today is my first day back in the office since I decided to pour all of my life altering plans into one day…that happened to be a Friday.
Up until this point I’ve been able to pat myself on the back for not letting the fact that the clothes, the people, and this “stellar” company won’t matter in a few short months. I’ve carried on, working just as hard as I can, no one the wiser. I thought that when I finally got our news off of my chest that I would not only feel a huge relief, but I would take on a new happier yet motivated attitude to finish my last few months with a gusto. The harder and faster I work, the faster the time will go by right?
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING except the job in front of me. And I still have two months!
This blog is my polish, and with any luck our time at the barn will provide the needle and thread I need to stitch myself back up and restore my sense of happiness and inspiration.
Grilled Tortilla Pizza (inspired by laaloosh.com)
2 Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 can Tomato Paste
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
1/4 Large Onion, chopped
3 Button Mushrooms, chopped
1 Handful Fresh Spinach, roughly chopped
1 T Italian Seasonings
1 c Lite Mozzarella
3 Leaves Fresh Basil
1. Turn grill to medium heat, place chopped veggies (minus spinach) into grill basket and grill until browned and tender, approximately 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl mix tomato paste, garlic and herbs. Spread on uncooked tortillas.
3. Split cheese into two servings and sprinkle over tomato paste.
4. Spread cooked veggies and spinach on top of cheese and place loaded tortillas on grill.
5. Grill on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until browned and crisp.
6. Sprinkle fresh basil on top. Enjoy!
Serving Size = 1 pizza
*Special note for anyone on the new Weight Watcher Points Plus program. Each pizza is 6 pts.