And now that the travel saga is complete, I thought I would end this week with a recipe. I posted a make-shift recipe for this quiche on Facebook, but thought it might be handy to do an actual post with a printable recipe.
Nothing fancy to write. Just your classic quiche reworked to fit in a low carb or paleo diet. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Crust Quiche
by Lauren Jamison
Keywords: bake breakfast entree low-carb Paleo
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, cooked
- 4-5 slices proscuitto
- 10 spears asparagus, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 c shredded smoked gouda
- 6 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
1. Slice spaghetti squash in half and place in pan with 1/4″ of water. Roast at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, until tender.
2. Chop asparagus and sautée in olive oil until just tender (not mushy)
3. Remove the “noodles” from half of the squash and press into the pie pan.
4. Top with a layer of proscuitto, then the asparagus, then the shredded gouda.
5. Beat the eggs with salt and pepper, then pour over top.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the egg is set.
Powered by Recipage