I’M BACK! And I’ve not come empty handed!
I thought I would come back to the blog with a reflective, deeply thought out post about our move and all the emotions and thoughts that have wrapped themselves around me, BUT I’m just not feeling all too reflective at the moment (which is coincidentally a theme I’ve noticed throughout this recent transition). So instead I thought I would give you a sweet little recipe for some rich energy bars that can keep you going, you know, in case you have an entire house full of things to put away and organize 🙂
All these delicious morsels require is a food processor and some simple ingredients. Enjoy!
Raw PB & Carob Energy Bars
Yields 10 bars
1 lb Pitted Dates
1/2 c. Raw Unsalted Almonds
1/2 c. Raw Unsalted Cashews
1/2 c. Raw Unsalted Walnuts
1/4 c. Oats
1/4 c. Unsalted Peanut Butter
1/4 c. Carob Nibs (feel free to substitute chocolate here)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 pinch Salt
1. Place dates into food processor and process until they form a ball of date paste, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
2. Place nuts and oats into processor and process until crumbly, about 15-20 seconds. Add peanut butter and vanilla, pulse for 10 seconds. Add nibs, pulse until just chopped (it’s ok to have chunks).
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl with your hands until evenly mixed and form into a pan. (I covered mine with tin foil for easy clean up).
4. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (until hardened a bit).
5. Cut into equal sized bars, wrap, and store.