I’m feeling less than retrospective these last few days. I was trying to come up with something profound to write about but I’ve got nothing. Lots of emotions spinning around in my head. Lots of thoughts clouding my ability to just live. That’s what I’m really trying to do. Just live. Live in the moment. Enjoy life as it comes. I’ve always been guilty of over-thinking everything, whether the things I’m so concerned with are valid or merely a creation of my imagination. This past Sunday there was a moment I was sure my head was going to pop off or explode I was so mad, so angry, so frustrated, so worried, so scared and SO alone. It felt like a swarm of bees were pulsing through my veins and prickling my skin. There are a great many things I just need to TALK about. But now is not the time, nor the place.
After stewing for a good 24 hours I had a talk with Jesus and a stern, get real talk with myself. This is the time Husband and I have been waiting for and wanting for a VERY long time Regardless of the issues to be dealt with or obstacles in the way, I want to be happy in this time. I want to enjoy every minute of our three and a half year old dreams coming true. So I had a choice. I could stew and wallow in my own misery, or I could be happy.
I chose to be happy.
And I feel much better today.
Another thing that makes me feel good is food. Especially fish. Especially fish on the barbie. And extra especially when there are hardly any dishes to clean up!
Grilled Fish & Veggie Packet
1.5 lb Fish – I used 2 filets of Wild Turbot
Veggies of Choice – I used, you guess it, SQUASH, zucchini and onion
3 T Olive Oil
3-4 T Butter
Seasoning of Choice – I used Montreal Steak Seasoning, salt & the juice of 1 lemon
1. Take two large pieces of aluminum foil and lay perpendicular to each other.
2. Thinly slice veggies (I used a mandoline for this but a knife works just fine) and make a bed for the fish. *When cutting keep in mind that fish cooks quickly so vegetables need to need to be thin enough to cook through without overcooking the fish.
3. Place uncooked fish filets overtop of vegetable bed.
4. Drizzle olive oil over everything and place pats of butter randomly. Season (you can also season as you layer the vegetables).
5. Bring top piece of foil together and roll down to close. Bring bottom piece of foil together and roll down to close to complete packet.
6. Grill packet on medium heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables and fish are cooked through.